Friday, March 27, 2009

Moving on at last


I finished quilting the steel colony piece yesterday, and trimmed it ready for framing. Very hard to photograph with the beads and the metallic border fabric. I am thinking of changing the name to microcosmos, because it is a magnification of the steel, but also has a stars in space feel.



Read a couple of interesting blogs yesterday about changing linguistic habits, like eliminating 'but' and putting 'and instead. Could easily have done that in the sentence above.

I haven't done anything creative today, but struggled to get on with more Japanese writing homework. I CAN find the relevant information in the previous workbooks, but it would be so much better if I could remember any of it without checking. It's getting to the end of the month, and time for my clear-out day and my goal-setting day. The clearing out is going OK but I usually find a heap of things I need to do to prevent me doing the goal setting! Learning some vocab would be good, even if only 5 words a day.

I've suggested a slice quilt to the group and we are starting to think about what kind we want to do. There seem to be about 8 or 9 people interested, which is a good number. We could do it with 4 or 5, and anything above 9 is getting unwieldy.

Plan is to do the poppy piece next up. I like the leaf stencil I have, and am thinking about expanding the line drawings I have to separate the elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment