Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Spring cometh

It was a bizarre start to the day, when I awoke to an inch of crunchy snow, but a blue sky and sunshine. Luckily it had all melted by lunchtime when the temperature was more like 17!

I have 3 quake ideas in the assembly line. The first is of a seismograph of the 7.1 quake, but on a strip pieced background that hints at grassy paddocks and landscapes. Over that I want to put some transparent newspaper cuttings, or figures representing the important information. I found a site which lets you write your own newspaper headline and beginning of an article. It only has one style, though. I tried to do a test print using TAP, but it didn't work - not enough of the ink transferred. My next idea is to try tissue paper on a carrier sheet and attached by textile medium. Again I will do a test run.

The other two pieces are a fault line idea from another set of strips out of the scrap basket, and a wide wavy village in the Laura Wasilowski style. I am not sure they will all get made, as the traumatic effects are receding.

I have been investigating online C and G course in quilting, but it seems like they are almost extinct, just people who are already enrolled finishing their classes. A bit disappointing, but maybe I just need to do the work myself and not 'study'.

No comments:

Post a Comment