Friday, November 20, 2009

Hydrangea thoughts


After working nearly 6 hours a day on the construction (it took roughly 3 hours to do one floweret on average), I have now got to the stage of choosing a background. I asked my online group. One of the good things about asking other people is that if they give you the 'wrong' answer, you by default know what the 'right' answer is. I am going with a pink blotchy look, which is very close to the colour of the top floweret, but gives a kind of glow. I am going to add maybe 3 leaves near the bottom, to weight it, and also stop it looking quite so much like a floating space station!

I struggled for a while with not wanting it to be rectangular, but I think I will have to admit it is the best option. If I was going for a freeform look, I would have had to design that into the original. I am all for logic, so am always asking myself if the look is believable. Not the most playful approach, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment