Saturday, January 2, 2010

Some progress

I have not had time to get down to my FFFC piece this month, but I had a breakthrough as I was taking down my Christmas cards. I select 3 or 4 which are arty or interesting or handpainted by my friends. As it happened, one, which was a reproduction of a painting by Donald Hamilton Fraser called Poinsettia, was exactly the right colours and a still life for the challenge.

I had previously found an ad for Frescarini pasta and wasn't sure how to interpret it.

This will be perfect, but I am not sure whether to do it realistically or semi-abstract. I am leaning towards the semi-abstract. To be honest, I don't want to spend a lot of time on it, but perhaps I need to spend more than I'm willing to at least today.

It was stiflingly hot this morning. I did some gorse spraying, using the newly extended hose and found I could reach a nasty patch of gorse regenerating (not just one plant, but maybe 20), that obviously got missed last year. I had a swim, then I settled indoors for the rest of the day. I cleaned the windows earlier this morning, so I could put up the insect screens and open some windows once the air cooled down. Luckily, now at 5 pm it is cloudy and cooler, and I will go and deadhead roses for a little while.

The other thing I did was make some cream of watercress soup, which I can eat cold. I love that irony taste - it always makes me feel it must be so full of vitamins.

No comments:

Post a Comment