Friday, December 26, 2008

Trepidation on Boxing Day

Today's the day I set off with a friend to do a 6 day trek carrying everything. I have done it before, about 10 years ago, and I suspect it is a little like childbirth - you forget the pain afterwards until you are committed!

I had three great books for Christmas (I chose them, Mum paid) and spent a happy hour or two browsing through Katie Masopust's Design book, Rayna Gillman's surface treatments, and Maggie Grey's From Image to Stitch. I can see myself using all or most of the first, dipping into the second, and being overwhelmed and paralysed by the third! Although I love to look at those crunchy distressed texture pieces, and have several books, I don't think I want to do them for now. I have other ideas bubbling away, and need to get those out of my system, not to mention a few UFOs worth finishing.

Interesting that in Living the Creative Life, I was reading that you really have to stop yourself from suddenly wanting to do housework, when confronted with a tricky design choice. I do that a lot! In fact, with a few things I wish I was doing, I imagine myself allotting a regular time slot for them and always getting them done, but don't ever start.

With New Year approaching, this might the time to take baby steps in that direction.

Now, off to take 7 league boot steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment