Sunday, January 18, 2009

Embellisher sample


Yesterday I managed to combine playing the gold lutradur with some yarn samples for my embellisher class. I layered the lutradur over some handpainted purple and gold fabric over black batting. I stitched round the edge just to keep it in place while I embellished on a range of knitting yarns and some sari silk yarn. That was very hard for the embellisher, but it coped. I found an old sample of felt with tails that I had made at Janes. I cut off the tails and embellished three of them on to the yarns, making an M shape.


I wanted to burn back the lutradur, but couldn't get it to burn with iron, heat gun or soldering iron. Gave up and just cut it. Not quite the effect I wanted but it was just an experiment.


Added a few beads, and embellished on top the outside circle of the felt piece, with a few strands of blue nylon ribbon and tufts of sari fibre to add a frame effect.


Called it M for mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment