Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A hot day for surfing

I found a link on the quiltart list this morning to a bead sale at http://www.craft4me.com/, who are apparently going out of beads. There were 24 pages of 1214 lots of beads, so it must have taken me at least an hour to check through them all and purchase what appealed. As always some of the more unusual lots were already out of stock. But I feel happy with the choices I made, some light, some dark, some pinks, and yellows, which I have none of in my stash.

I continued with the FMQ piece yesterday, adding some bright green chiffon with the embellisher for the stems and leaves. The colour isn't perfect, but I think it will do. I could overlay with a yellower colour but it might get a bit heavy. I did the beads in the centre of one pansy, and have the second one to do. Then I will couch a rayon thread over the outline of the flowers to make it stand out. I'd like to stop there!

The embellisher did a great job of pinching in the wavy outside edges of the piece. That often is the problem if your stitching doesn't go off the edge at regular intervals. I'm loving my new toy!

Shirley and Lyn got on fine, and we are talking about meeting once a month for sharing of new ideas and techniques. Will have to see if we can make the commitment, since we are all pretty busy.

A very hot, but dry air day here. Good for swimming - yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment