Saturday, January 10, 2009

Promised rain is not coming

A couple of days ago, the forecast for this area was 3 days of rain. That would have been very welcome, especially after a week in the 30s, up to 36 one day. However, now it has been changed to cloud only, though the temperatures are lower. So I will have to water my trees after all, and maybe a few other stressed looking plants. And I was so hoping nature would do it for me!

I am prevaricating on the neutrals, so should JUST DO IT! Until I've done the sample of fabrics, I won't know if the idea will fly or not. If that background doesn't work, I may try a solid background with printed poppies, or layered poppies. I know poppies are very much used by artists, but they are a stunning plant - colour, shape and texture - it's all there. Plus the shapes of the buds and the seed heads are so different, yet very characteristic.

I had a couple of interesting conversations with friends yesterday about directing our lives and not letting past events or feelings cloud our future. It is one of the benefits of my having lost all my belongings in the fire, I have so few memorabilia to trigger regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment