Saturday, January 17, 2009

I feel playtime coming on!

I haven't posted for 3 days because I haven't done anything creative. I had some unexpected B & B guests on Thursday, so had to put everything away (just an excuse really). They asked me if I was an artist. I said Yes! That was the first time I hadn't qualified it with some modest self denigration. Yay!

I got a query from Vikki Pignatelli, who is coming to Wellington to teach at Easter, about stabilisers and washaways. I did a short bit of research, which meant I was at the LQS. Found some gold metallic lutradur, very cheap, so bought a metre. It's very fine bonded web, so I want to play with it now.

I did a little bit of compositional drawing for the poppies, and find that 3 or 5 look a bit too 'lumpy', so I'm thinking of maybe 3 poppies plus 3 bits of cow parsley. and a couple of leaves and buds.

After another very hot day, it is a little cooler today and cloudy, so I can have the doors and windows open (the screened ones, that is).

Had a very enjoyable evening with Peter, Gill and their daughter Angela. Angela is getting into crafts in a serious way, mainly beads, and printing. She had heard of the Japanese screen printing gizmo (Gocco) that I read about a while ago on Planet Textile Threads. I may try it one day, but have enough techniques to explore right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment